We are looking for a sharp and tech savvy writer with a passion for design, marketing and startups. We embrace creative thinkers with an inclination for unprecedented ideas– individuals who aren’t afraid to experiment, receive criticism, and problem solve.
This is a junior level, full-time position.
As a Copywriter, you will report to our Creative Director and work closely with a small, but growing team of designers and creatives.
We are a unique, LA based digital creative agency working closely with tech startups. Among brands our team has worked with are Greenpeace, CBS Interactive,Fandango, Toyota Financial, and notable startups such as Kuna, Travo, BullsBridge Capital, BeatStoc, Gobbler, GrubRunner, AgentAce, Frequency, PaySimple, Trippy…
We are a small team of life hackers, working in the trenches with our startups to build long lasting brands. We value curiosity, transparency, solidarity and responsibility.
- Help shape the tone and voice for our own product Xtensio.
- Write for Fake Crow’s internal projects as well as client work.
- Research, hold interviews, draft and publish long form blog posts.
- Assist in short form pieces like product microcopy, social media posts, newsletters, CRM messages, sales emails.
- Work on misc marketing copy such as taglines, slogans, ad banner copy, website copy.
- Run A/B tests, experiment with ideas. Learn to interpret data and make creative decisions based on findings. Track your work’s performance and keep optimizing your work.
- A swift writer and a good reader. Writing is not a job for you. It’s something that you do every day. You saturate your brain with quality, elevated material.
- A fast typer and a typo catcher: You hold your work to high standards and take pride in your ability to use the English language at its best.
- Data savvy: You have an understanding of basic startup terminology — “traction,” “conversion,” “retention,” etc.
- Focused, organized, and able to multi-task: You can shift gears at the drop of a hat, jump from project to project without losing focus.
- Comfortable collaborating: You work well and communicate effectively and respectfully with others. You can take direction and criticism.
- In the know: You stay current with design trends, tech news, trends and tools.
TO APPLY SUBMIT:
- A brief, well-written intro that tells a bit about your personality.
- Relevant links to your portfolio, long form pieces or social media handles you’ve managed.
- Highlight the work you are most proud of and describe your thought process.
Contact us at [email protected]
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. We will not be considering applications coming through recruiters.