FAKE CROW'S BLOG
Visual Designer (Freelance)
We are looking for razor-sharp visual designers to join the team. Someone with a good eye and refined taste. We will not only consider your work, but the way you present it in your portfolio.
This is a contract position on a project basis.
BEFORE YOU APPLY PLEASE READ: Due to high volume of applications, we will not consider applicants without a working link to their portfolio, clearly visible in their application. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you do not have a portfolio link.
We are a unique, LA based digital creative agency working closely with tech companies and startups. Among brands our team has worked with are Greenpeace, CBS Interactive,Fandango, Toyota Financial, and notable startups such as Kuna, Travo, BullsBridge Capital, BeatStoc, Gobbler, GrubRunner, AgentAce, Frequency, PaySimple, Trippy…
We are a small team of life hackers, working in the trenches with our startups to build long lasting brands. We value curiosity, transparency, solidarity and responsibility.
1. A designer with a solid start: You have 2-3 years of experience and have pieces of design work you are proud to show in one or more of the following: Web design, app design, icon design, logo design, print design, digital illustrations. You have a good handle on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
2. A good learner: You teach yourself shortcuts, search and find alternative solutions but never yield to challenges.
3. An idealist: You want to create design work that wows, no matter how small the task is. You self-check for quality assurance. You have high standards for your own work and take pride of the craftsmanship.
4. Focused: Once we start talking about multiple projects, you don’t turn into a deer in the headlights. Where others become scatterbrained, you follow, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
5. Organized: You are detail oriented, able to take initiative and take ownership of assigned projects. You know where you put that last file, and how you labeled a project created 3 months ago.
6. Creatively collaborative: You take direction and correction well. You play nice with others and know that quality results come from strong communication throughout the design process.
7. An avid researcher: You are caught up with latest design trends, familiar with lean UX principles. You find inspiration in untapped territories.
8.Based in Los Angeles. And dog friendly.
1. Get to work on multiple projects for Fake Crow’s tech and startup clients.
2. Participate in every stage of the design work – from creating concepts and presentations, pixel-perfect visual layouts to pushing out production assets for developers.
3. Mock up design ideas, prepare UI assets and style guides.
4. Report to Creative Director and Managing Director.
5. Be introduced to UX design process – brainstorm, research, user flows.
6. Learn new techniques, acquire plenty of new tools and processes in a boutique agency environment.
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
1. Illustration skills.
2. Educated understanding of typography and color.
VALUES WE STAND BY
Solidarity is key. No one is just a developer or a designer. Your title is just a formality. Above all, we’re a team.
We are all students, and we are all teachers. Chances are, the person sitting next to you knows a keyboard shortcut that can change your life.
Honesty is key in our studio, however excellence is never reached without some criticism.
Take it. Use it. Give it.
We strive to be great. And details are everything. Every pixel, every line of code,
and every tagline has to be perfect.
Send portfolio with relevant links to your work. We will not consider candidates without portfolios. Highlight your work that you are most proud of and tell a little about your thought process. Please include a brief, well-written intro that tells a bit about your personality will help, but it’s optional.
Contact us at [email protected]
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. We will not consider applications coming through recruiters.