We are looking for razor-sharp designers to join the team. Someone with a good eye and refined taste. We will not only consider your work, but the way you present it in your portfolio. This is essentially a training program for students and graduates that are interested in design within the tech and startup space. Minimum 3 months. 20-40 hours/week.
We are a unique, LA based digital creative agency working closely with tech companies and startups. Among brands our team has worked with are Greenpeace, CBS Interactive,Fandango, Toyota Financial, and notable startups such as Kuna, Travo, BullsBridge Capital, BeatStoc, Gobbler, GrubRunner, AgentAce, Frequency, PaySimple, Trippy…
We are a small team of life hackers, working in the trenches with our startups to build long lasting brands. We value curiosity, transparency, solidarity and responsibility.
1. An educated designer: You have some experience and have pieces of design work you are proud to show in one or more of the following: Web design, app design, icon design, logo design, print design, digital illustrations. You have a good handle on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
2. A good learner: You teach yourself shortcuts, search and find alternative solutions but never yield to challenges.
3. An idealist: You want to create design work that wows, no matter how small the task is. You self-check for quality assurance. You have high standards for your own work and take pride of the craftsmanship.
4. Organized: You are detail oriented, able to take initiative and take ownership of assigned projects. You know where you put that last file, and how you labeled a project created 3 months ago.
5. Creatively collaborative: You take direction and correction well. You play nice with others and know that quality results come from strong communication throughout the design process.
6. An avid researcher: You are caught up with latest design trends, familiar with lean UX principles. You find inspiration in untapped territories.
1. Work closely within a small but growing team of designers and entrepreneurs.
2. Get to assist on multiple projects for Fake Crow’s tech and startup clients.
3. Be introduced to the UX design process – brainstorm, research, user flows.
4. Learn new techniques, acquire plenty of new tools and processes in a boutique agency environment.
5. Work in a hot creative office space, in a prime location in Hollywood!
6. Receive constant feedback for your efforts, and acquire new skills and experience working with the latest web tools, in a creative environment.
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
1. Illustration skills.
2. Educated understanding of typography and color.
3. WordPress experience: Or you know how to post a blog somewhere on the Internet.
VALUES WE STAND BY
Solidarity is key. No one is just a developer or a designer. Your title is just a formality. Above all, we’re a team.
We are all students, and we are all teachers. Chances are, the person sitting next to you knows a keyboard shortcut that can change your life.
Honesty is key in our studio, however excellence is never reached without some criticism.
Take it. Use it. Give it.
We strive to be great. And details are everything. Every pixel, every line of code,
and every tagline has to be perfect.
Send portfolio with relevant links to your work. We will not consider candidates without portfolios. Highlight your work that you are most proud of and tell a little about your thought process. Please include a brief, well-written intro that tells a bit about your personality will help, but it’s optional.
Contact us at [email protected]
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. We will not consider applications coming through recruiters.